I suggest we....

Make the website more visual, virtual, and interactive.

Lets showcase Middlebury's beautiful campus to all those students who intend to apply. Lets incorporate Midd's beautiful scenery into the website's architectural layout. Our current website's images are small, dull and outdated. Also, lets update the online tour feature.

A school as small as Middlebury needs a website that showcases our best attributes, namely top flight academics, beautiful facilities and interesting people.

Check out Vassar's website.... honestly, our website needs a facelift. Also, lets get onto ITunesU: where universities post information.......Bowdoin has it!

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    rkellettAdminrkellett (Admin, MiddBlog) responded  · 

I absolutely agree that the website needs to become more interactive and visually stimulating. We have a very static design.

But here’s a few facts: 1) the photos on the website are updated at least yearly but the “My Midd Experience” section is sorta outdated. It’d be nice for any Middkid to be featured — showing our diversity and openness to non-scripted admissions material. I’d also like to see a flickr account for Middkids to post photos to.

2) iTunesU is already on its way from the Communications Office as a way to see all the fantastic lectures around campus online in an easy format. Be prepared to see it launch in the Spring.

3) The online tour is actually one of the newer features on the website but yes, it is a little skimpy on real information and interactivity.

Here’s a link to Vassar: http://www.vassar.edu/

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)