I suggest we....

have formalized opt-out email lists

As students, we are various email lists. But what if there were a centralized location to opt-in and opt-out of various lists. Just like you subscribe and unsubscribe to online newsletters, all of Middlebury's listings from various student organizations (weekly Mountain Club emails or Lindy Hop meets) to administrative emails (health and wellness reminders or Cafecito Hour emails) to lecture lists (Rohatyn Center lectures or Faculty Lecture Series reminders). Of course, some emails such as emergency notifications, classes, etc. would not be able to be opt-out.

This will help our community deal with the email influx while giving us control over what comes into our inbox.

Kinda like at Williams: http://wso.williams.edu/mailman/listinfo

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adminrkellett (Admin, MiddBlog) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adminrkellett (Admin, MiddBlog) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So maybe we should opt for a single email a day from various "regions" of the school... one comprehensive Student-Org/SGA/Announcement email, one comprehensive Rohatyn Center/Lecture Email , one health center/health&wellness email, etc.?

• ppicotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While too many duplicate messages each day is a pain, there is value in getting the random Cafecito Hour or all-student announcement. One of my favorite past times at Middlebury is attending random lectures and hearing about a brand new discipline. I agree that smaller groups should be created easily (like the crew of an MCMP production), but Williams' list database is ungainly and uninviting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base