I suggest we....

eliminate segue in favor of professors using blogs!

Segue is the course management system for professors to officially interact with students. Course pages are built using segue and students most often post discussion/reaction papers this way.

Segue, while a great homegrown Middlebury-centric tool, is far too hard to use for both professors and students. Course websites need to move to a blog format where syllabi are posted as pages, schedules easily updates, and reaction/discussions take place in comment form. Media can also be added at will. Plus, blogs easily look good unlike Segue.

Blogs make professors and students interact more easily and efficiently online.

Example: http://blogs.middlebury.edu/21stcenturychallenges/

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rkellettAdminrkellett (Admin, MiddBlog) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • marriedguyymarriedguyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the web-site aspect of segue. Furthermore, professors can create blogs in segue and not vice versa.
        Blogs are broken down by time and comments are only afiliated with the original posts. They always annoy me and it would take a fabulous layout as well as a convincing salesman to convince me that blogs would be better than a prettier segue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base